The lineup of Samsung Galaxy S10 phones is known for taking some great pictures. However, some pictures that you took may not for everyone. So, is it possible to hide some of your photos on the phone from anyone else to see? Yes, you can do it. Here is how to hide your personal photos on the Samsung Galaxy S10 phones!
Steps to Use Locker Feature
There is a feature on the Galaxy S10 phones called Secure Locker, which helps you store your files and photos within a safe and protected folder that you can hide from public view and it can only be accessed by the owner of the phone. Let’s find out how to use this locker feature:
- Go to the apps screen and hit Settings app.
- Now tap the Biometrics and security selection.
- And now tap on the Secure Folder option.
- Now you will be prompted to sign in to your Samsung account. After signing in you will be able to see the Secure Folder feature.
- Now the question is how to access the Secure Folder. As the Samsung’s own security prevented you from taking screenshots of this step, still you can view a menu screen prompting you to select a pattern, a PIN number, and a password or use the phone’s fingerprint sensor to enter the Secure Folder. After selecting any one of the above for your entry, the Secure Folder icon will be visible on your apps screen or your Samsung apps folder.
How to Transfer photos to Secure Folder
Now you have to transfer the photos that you want to hide to the Secure Folder. Here’s how to do that:
- You need to hit the Secure Folder icon, use your method of entry, and you can view the inside part of the files.
- Now tap the Add files icon on the bottom of the screen, and then hit the Images icon that will pop up.
- You can now transfer any photos that are on your phone to the Secure Folder.
Steps to Hide the Photos
Eventually, it is time to hide the Secure Folder and the photos, from the public. Here’s how to do it:
- First, enter the apps screen and tap the Settings app.
- Now, tap the Biometrics and security selection.
- Next, tap on the Secure Folder option.
- Here you can view a Show Secure Folder selection with a slider colored blue on the right side. Hit this option and you will be prompted if you hide the secure folder.
- Tap the Hide option.
The Secure Folder icon will be removed from your Galaxy S10’s screen, and the photos that you didn’t want to be viewed by others will also be hidden. To view the Secure Folder again, you have to go to the Settings app, then Biometrics and Security, next the Secure Folder option and then hit the slider next to the Show Secure Folder selection. Now you will be prompted to put in your pattern, PIN, password or to use the fingerprint sensor to view the Secure Folder again and this way you can again access your secured photos.
So, friends, Samsung Galaxy S10 is a smart device that can keep all your secret images safe and secure without leaking or displaying it to anyone else if you do not want.