The new Samsung smartphone, the Galaxy S8 is here and as most of you are buying the new phone you might think of some best accessories for your Android mobile. Here are the best four you must go for like the covers, batteries, chargers and more.
1. Samsung Galaxy S8 Covers
There are many Samsung Galaxy S8 covers that you may think of buying one. Here are the few to choose from
- Clear View Standing Cover: This cover is a flip cover that is translucent and displays the screen behind it, in an ambient-mode type of way. You can also interact with the display while it is closed with the ability to control calls and music. It is also able to flip over and prop up the phone so you can watch video in landscape. It seems to flip and work just as a tablet case would. It comes in a range of colours including violet, black, gold, silver, blue and pink. You can get at Harveynorman at AU$69.
- LED View Cover: The LED View Cover displays the time in LED lights and displays “pertinent information” while also allowing you to control some functions on your phone without opening the cover. You can customise the icons displayed from 54 different icons Samsung have provided. It will also be available in violet, black, gold, silver, blue and pink. The price is $79 at Harveynorman.
- Clear Cover: This cover is a basic clear back cover that only protects the back of the phone without adding much bulk — it is only 0.8mm thick and it comes in the same colours as the two cases mentioned above.
- Alcantara Cover: This alcantara cover gives the phone a soft suede-like feel which is durable and stain resistant. Alcantara is normally not a cheap material so expect this one to be at the top end of the accessory pricing. It comes in black, blue, silver and pink. Priced at $59.
- Silicone Cover: The ever-popular silicone case makes an appearance as well although with Samsung stating that it “snaps on” it probably is less flexible than most silicone covers. This cover has a microfibre interior to prevent any scratching of your phone. Once again this covers the back of the phone only. It is available in dark grey, violet, blue, pink, white and green. Priced at $34.49
- 2Piece Cover: This cover provides partial protection at the top and bottom of the phone, with colours being able to be mixed and matched. They attach to the phone with suction pads.
- Keyboard Cover: This cover seems to have a back and front to it, with the front being a full qwerty hardware keyboard, very reminiscent of yesteryear’s Blackberry keyboards. The user just snaps the keyboard onto the phone whenever they want to use it. There is no word on whether the software will adjust the display when the keyboard is attached but that would seem appropriate. Get it for $68.99 at Mobilezap.com.au
2. Wireless Charging Convertible
This is a nice change from the basic wireless charging pad where the phone sits flat. The charger can charge the phone while lying flat or standing up. The top of the charger can slide out of the base to become the back of a stand. This is especially handy if you want to be able to easily see the phone while it charges. The charger comes in “Couch Black” or “Couch Brown”.
3. Battery Pack
This is just a basic battery pack that is able to charge your Galaxy S8 quickly and it has all the required hardware to allow Samsung’s fast charging solution. It is available in blue and white and is 5100 mAh in size.
4. DeX Station Dock
Samsung DeX station dock is available for $199. The DeX allows the user to mount their Galaxy S8 or S8+ and have it project onto a monitor where it can be used like a personal computer.
All these four accessories are remarkable for the new Samsung Galaxy S8 series of phone.