The much awaited Samsung Galaxy Fold will soon be available in Australia. Galaxy Fold will launch in Australia with local pricing and availability to be confirmed closer to local launch. There are two colors to choose from – Cosmos Black and Space Silver – and a “5G-ready” model on the table for some countries as well.
Be it known that the Galaxy Fold is Samsung’s first foldable smartphone which is a tablet and a mobile in design. It boasts a 7.3-inch Infinity Flex Display on the inside and a smaller 4.6-inch HD+ Super AMOLED screen on the outside. Under the hood, the Galaxy Fold has a 7-nanometer Exynos processor, 12GB of RAM, 512GB of on-board storage.
You also get a total of six cameras. There’s a 10-megapixel (f/2.2) cover camera, a dual-lens selfie cam (10-megapixel f/2.2 + 8-megapixel f/1.9) and a triple lens configuration on the back (16-megapixel f/2.2 + 12-megapixel f/1.5 & f/2.4 dual-aperture + 12-megapixel telephoto f/2.4 + ToF).
Samsung say that they improved the Galaxy Fold’s design and construction following durability concerns raised ahead of the product’s original April launch. They also say that Fold-owners will have access to specialized customer care services, such as one-on-one access to Samsung experts, and a 24/7 support hub.
According to DJ Koh, President and CEO of IT & Mobile Communications Division, Samsung Electronics, the category-defining Galaxy Fold is a device that defies the barriers of traditional smartphone design. Now, they are excited to release this pioneering mobile technology, and allow consumers to experience it for themselves. As consumers have responded positively to larger screens, and the Galaxy Fold’s revolutionary form factor offers a bigger, more immersive screen without sacrificing portability.
The outstanding features of Samsung Galaxy Fold
- A stunning 7.3-inch Dynamic AMOLED display made of a revolutionary polymer material layered for slim flexibility, it’s the largest Galaxy smartphone screen yet.
- An engineering marvel inspired by the precision of watch mechanics, the hinge delivers symmetrical movement that gently locks in place. So Galaxy Fold intuitively folds like a book.
- Offers the premium, monochromatic colors of Space Silver and Cosmos Black.
- When folded, Galaxy Fold’s slim silhouette slips easily into your bag or pocket. It also fits comfortably in your hand, putting all your apps within easy reach. Note that the device contains magnets. Keep a safe distance between the device and objects that may be affected by magnets such as credit cards and implantable medical devices.
- You can use up to three apps simultaneously like you can stream game, and even text all at once.
- With six pro-grade cameras, you’re sure to capture stunning photos and videos and you can use the Infinity Flex Display as a massive viewfinder. Note that using Infinity Flex Display as viewfinder only available when using the rear and front cameras.
- With 12GB of RAM for intensive multitasking from gaming to streaming, and even live broadcasting all at once. Plus, 512GB built in storage is ample space for your apps and media.
- The dual battery with 4380mAh (typical) capacity is a game-changer that uses and recharges both cells to prevent overcharging. To save power, intelligent battery management puts apps you’re not using on reserve.
In Australia the Samsung Fold will cost around $2,764 AUD. Stay tuned here for more about its price and availability in Australia.