Samsung Galaxy Watch the new flagship from Samsung with LTE capability is now available at Telstra. This new Galaxy Watch is the third smartwatch compatible with Telstra One Number, which connects eSIM-enabled wearables to the Telstra Mobile Network by extending a compatible Android handset’s mobile number to the device, giving people the freedom to leave both their phone and wallet at home.
According to Nicholas Broomfield, GM, Mobiles at Telstra last year Telstra was one of the first Australian telcos to introduce eSIM technology for connected smart watches with Telstra One Number, and now they are excited to now introduce eSIM support for the Samsung Galaxy Watch as customer demand builds.
Note that Telstra One Number connects wearable devices directly to the Telstra Mobile Network and extends the owner’s compatible Android handset’s mobile number to the wearable, so they can make and receive calls directly from their device.
Now you won’t have to worry about forgetting your phone at home, or taking it with you when you go out for some shopping as with Telstra One Number you will still be able to connect to Australia’s best mobile network through your Galaxy Watch.
Features of the new Samsung Smartwatch
This new smartwatch has awesome features both in style and functionality, as well as health monitoring features with long-lasting battery life.
- With its round face, watch hand shadowing and ticking sound, the Galaxy Watch is designed to look and feel just like a traditional watch.
- You can extend time between recharges with a long-lasting battery to conveniently connect to work, play and work-outs with less interruption.
- With Samsung Health, you can expand on Galaxy Watch’s existing features to track and log your health in even greater detail, including heart rate and calories, and access to many exercise programmes.
- Galaxy Watch auto-detects and tracks over 39 exercises, sleep and heart rate.
- Galaxy Watch is designed to track an owner’s sleep quality, creating a log including four stages of sleep. It can also monitor stress levels to assist with stress reduction through guided breathing.
- Also you can view reminders, meetings, and more at a glance on the Galaxy Watch. End the day with a recap of goals achieved and stay ahead of tomorrow.
- This Galaxy Watch is water resistant (max depth 50m for up to 10mins) to track your strokes while swimming and help you be more active outdoors.
- Powered by Samsung Pay this Galaxy Watch take convenience to the next level. Making a purchase is as easy as a flick of the wrist, even if a user’s smartphone and wallet are out of reach. Galaxy Watch only supports NFC Samsung Pay.
- You can make and take calls and texts on the go from the Galaxy Watch with a compatible smartphone Telstra One Number.
- Turn the bezel and continue to play your favourite music, and keep connected to your world and for this cellular connectivity available on selected plans over the Telstra network only. Requires a paired compatible smartphone and internet connection. Additional charges may apply.
Customise your Galaxy Watch with your choice of strap. Choose one to fit your style before you step out. Opt for the lightweight silicone selection provided or fit one of your own. Galaxy Watch is compatible with 20mm and 22mm straps for its rose gold and midnight black (42mm) and silver (46mm) models, respectively.
The Galaxy Watch teams seamlessly with most iPhone and Android smartphones, so you can stay connected to your devices and apps. Galaxy Watch cellular version supports two methods for cellular set-up: through your services provider or downloaded apps.
Pricing and availability with Telstra
The Samsung Galaxy Watch cellular variant is available from Telstra in three colors that is Midnight Black (42mm), Rose Gold (42mm) and Silver (46mm). Spec-wise, the smartwatch features a 1.3-inch hi-res AMOLED display, an Exynos 9110 dual core processor and a 472mAh battery. It also boasts Gorilla Glass DX+ glass, 5ATM & IP68 waterproofing and a MIL-STD-810G certification.
You can take up a 42mm model for $25/month for 24months when you maintain a home or mobile plan (Min cost $600 + your existing plan charges) or $600 outright. The 46mm model is available for $27/month for 24months again with a home or mobile plan (Min cost $648 + your existing plan charges) or $648 outright. A subscription to Telstra One Number adds an additional $5/month to the total cost. Visit Telstra online or at store for the latest plans on offering.