Mega Moolah is a very popular progressive pokie game that Microgaming gave to the world that usually starts with a million-dollar jackpot. The game is a 5 reel with 25 paylines. The theme is the wild safari where no progressive jackpot is smaller than one million dollars. Before jumping in give the game a shot with the free version.
The original Mega Moolah pokie machine has an African safari theme. Today, there are dozens of games with an African safari theme, but Mega Moolah was the first.
One thing that is so surprising about this online pokie machine is its simplicity. It is a straightforward pokie machine game that doesn’t have any unnecessary frills.
This pokie game has five reels, three rows, and twenty-five pay lines. You can adjust the number of coins and how many pay lines you want to pay for.
But, this pokie does not have 3D graphics or a gambling feature. The original version didn’t even have an auto-play feature, although that was added in a later version.
You can enjoy it on a mobile device or computer that has an up-to-date web browser available.
- Mega Moolah can be played with complete control or in a relaxed mode
- Complete control means the player will control every spin while the relaxed mode means spins are set for a certain number and autopilot kicks in
- Players can jump right in and start playing for real money or they can play in the free mode for starters
- There is a wild symbol and lots of Free Spins
Bonus and Promotions
Mega Moolah cannot go well if you try out different ways of hitting the jackpot. There is a wild symbol which is also a multiplier. The scatter will trigger the bonus game with Free Spins.
Three scatters popping up on the reels will trigger the bonus game where players get 15 Free Spins. While using the free spins any winnings are going to be tripled. If three scatters appear during this time then another 15 spins are tacked on.
There also is a random bonus round. During this time a wheel will pop up on the screen and the player will get to spin it. Depending on the colour the wheel stops in the players can win a jackpot known as Mini, Minor, Major, or Mega!
How To Play Mega Moolah at Online Casinos
When you want to play, you simply have to find a Mega Moolah online casino and make a deposit. Choose the number of coins and pay lines you want to play, and press spin! It can be as simple as that.
You may want to know about the different symbols, the paytable, and how to win a Mega Moolah jackpot before you start playing, though.
That way, you can pay attention to the symbols that will offer the highest payouts.
Mega Moolah Paytable
This online pokie machine features animals that you might come acorss on an African safari, such as a lion, monkey, zebra, and giraffe, as well as a less-recognizable kudu.
You can remember which symbols pay better by thinking of the animal’s size. The larger and tougher the animal, the larger the potential payout.
It also includes the ordinary ace through ten-card symbols as the lower-paying symbols.
Two symbols have built-in bonus features that you will want to know about. The lion acts as a wild that can go with other symbols. Any win that includes a lion also receives a 2x multiplier!
You can earn up to 75,000 coins (15,000 x 5 coins) for five lions in a row.
That amount is not as exciting as the life-changing jackpots that are also available. But, it is a significant win for the base game, especially considering the low-stakes you can bet to get it.
Scatter and Free Spins
The monkey symbol is the scatter symbol in this game. It pays 2x-100x your stake when you get two or more anywhere on the reels.
If you are lucky enough to get three or more monkeys, it will automatically launch fifteen free spins with a 3x multiplier that applies to any winnings during the free spins.
During your free spins, you could get five lion symbols in a row. With the free spins multiplier, that would mean winning 225,000 coins!
You would have to be incredibly lucky to get three scatters and five lions. But there are 25 different paylines to shoot for, so it’s definitely a possibility.
Mega Moolah Jackpot Rules
The odds of winning 225,000 coins is appealing. But that is nothing compared to the Mega jackpots that are available.
This pokies have a built-in progressive jackpot that can be triggered during the base game. The jackpot wheel shows up entirely at random. You can even get a jackpot after a losing spin!
If you are betting the max number of coins, you will have a better chance of getting to spin the wheel for the jackpot bonus. The wheel appears more often for players who bet the max number of coins.
There are four possibilities on the Mega Moolah jackpot wheel, signified by colors and animal footprints. Your payout will depend on which section the jackpot wheel lands on.
Each of the sections on the jackpot wheel has a minimum guaranteed payout.
As per the progressive jackpot rules from Microgaming, all jackpots must be paid immediately in one lump sum. It doesn’t matter which top-rated Mega Moolah casino you join – you won’t have to worry about collecting your jackpot in installments.
Because it is a progressive pokie, it takes a portion of each bet played to add to the jackpot. That includes thousands of different players from around the world.
The jackpots are always growing until someone happens to win. Because those mega jackpots are so rare, they can accumulate several million before someone wins.
Mega Moolah Pokies Game Variations
Because this pokie is such an impressively popular game, Microgaming decided to create multiple variations.
All of these games are connected to the same progressive jackpot network. So, you can play any of the new variations, and you have the potential of winning the same jackpot as if you were playing the original.
These pokie machine variations are fun because they have different themes and bonus features for the base game.
The African safari theme was original in 2006, but now there are dozens of other pokies games with the same concept. Microgaming had to create new themes to keep players interested in playing Mega Moolah for real money.
When you want to play Mega Moolah, but you also want to experience something different, you can try out these variations.
- This Five-Reel Pokies is a game inspired by a classic American diner, with symbols like hamburgers, French fries, and a piece of pie. It is the same as Mega Moolah, except that the scatter symbol has a 5x multiplier with only ten free spins.
- Mega Moolah Isis is an Egyptian-themed game with mummies, the eye of Horus, and Cleopatra instead of the lion. This variation is unique because it has a gamble feature that lets you double, triple, or quadruple your winnings. It also offers 30 free spins with a 6x multiplier! These features make it a more exciting game for gamblers that are not afraid to take some risks.
- Mega Moolah Summertime is a more simplified version of the game with only nine pay lines. It has a beachy theme, but the symbols are all classic fruit machine symbols instead of the ace through ten cards. You can also play a card-based mini-game to gamble your winnings.
- Mega Moolah Atlantean Treasures is an underwater-themed pokie machine with seahorse, starfish, and an anemone. The mermaid is the expanding wild symbol that will take over the reel and trigger a respin feature.
- Mega Moolah Absolootly Mad is the newest Mega Moolah game. It was released in 2020 and has a fun Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter theme. This game is different from earlier versions of Mega Moolah because it has 243 ways to win on the base game and features a cascading reels/respin feature.
Each of these variations has something unique to offer. They change the theme, the base game symbols, the base game’s bonus features, and the free spins options.
But, the jackpot wheel is the same for all Mega Moolah variations. It has the same prize network, the same guaranteed payouts, and the same number of sections for the mini, minor, major, and mega jackpots.
Microgaming has found a fun way to add some variation to one of their classic games while still offering the incredible jackpots that Mega Moolah is famous for.
Playing Mega Moolah On a Mobile Or Computer Device
It is great for both the experienced and new players alike. If you would like to join in on the excitement then just follow the directions below:
- On your browser or device open up Mega Moolah
- Select how much you would like to bet, there are decrease and increase buttons to make betting easier
- A number of coins will need to be selected for playing with, it can be just one or all the way up to the maximum allowed
- Get the reels zipping around by hitting the spin button, when you hit a win then the lines will show you what the winning combination was.
1. Why are Mega Moolah Pokies so popular?
The combination of a fun style, generous bonuses, and chance to scoop a multi-million jackpot have combined to make this pokie one of the most popular in history.
2. Is it really possible to win the this pokie jackpot?
Absolutely! The jackpot pays out the top prize on a regular basis. Because it’s the favorit of so many people, the jackpots can rise to huge levels very quickly.
3. What is the Best pokies strategy?
It is a game of chance that is based on a random number generator (RNG). There is no way to predict when it will trigger the jackpot bonus. However, the best strategy is to bet the highest amount you can afford when you play this pokies. The higher you bet per spin, the greater the chance of hitting the jackpot bonus. Just remember that it is never worth risking money you can’t afford to lose.
4. Can I Play Mega Moolah for Free?
AMicrogaming does not allow casino sites to offer a free version of Mega Moolah because of the progressive jackpot. You can access a demo version from Microgaming’s website, but that is only available for players in certain jurisdictions.Can I Win the Mega Moolah Jackpot During the Free Spins Round?
AThe Mega Moolah jackpot bonus is only available during the base game. You cannot win a jackpot during a free spin because the game software prevents the bonus wheel from appearing during free spins.Can I Win a Mega Moolah Jackpot With Bonus Funds?
Microgaming has strict rules that every progressive jackpot winner should get the full payment as soon as their jackpot gets approved. If you are playing Mega Moolah with bonus funds, you will win the full jackpot amount, regardless of wagering requirements and other terms and conditions.
5. Do I need to download Mega Moolah Pokies?
No. The Mega Moolah online pokie can be played on PCs and mobiles without the need to download any software at all. It’s accessed via a browser, although mobile apps are available if you prefer.
6. Should I wager the maximum on Mega Moolah jackpot pokies?
You win higher prizes at higher stakes, and if your chances of claiming the Mega Moolah jackpot goes up when you wager more. Always play within your limits.