A Recent Update on Samsung All Share App or Samsung Link
Samsung Link was an application for mobile devices that connected all devices and storage services in one place for integrated search and playback. According to a public release by Samsung: Samsung Link will no longer be available as of [08:00 a.m., November 1, 2016, GMT+9] according to internal policy (“Effective Date”): Although the Samsung Link service will no longer be supported, all files stored on registered devices and cloud services will not be deleted. You can access those remaining files from each device’s and cloud storage’s website/application.
[Before Samsung terminated this service, users could register their device, such as a personal computer, smartphone, or tablet to the same account, and listen to music, share photos or documents, and watch videos on their device remotely. Content on storage services such as Drop box, Google Drive, One Drive, or Sugar Sync could be also downloaded or streamed, although some SugarSync accounts discontinued on 7 March 2014. The application replaced AllShare, which did not require an Internet connection to be able to pair devices.
It is not clear why Samsung took a unilateral decision to terminate the Samsung Link service, and users are assuming that it was a cost-saving measure in the aftermath of Samsung’s losses from the Galaxy Note 7 recall. Anecdotal evidence suggests that customers who say they bought their devices specifically for the Samsung Link functionality are unhappy with this decision, but are waiting to see whether Samsung re-instates the AllShare functionality which does not require Samsung to provide an ongoing internet-based service.]
Does Samsung All Share App work with your iPad or iPhone? This question is what comes to mind when you think of Samsung Apps. But not to worry here the answer is yes it does work. Samsung All share App is quite popular app developed by Samsung itself. Samsung is the leading technological brand developing smartphones and smart televisions. Samsung All share is also known as Samsung Link and it connects all your devices and storage in one place for integrated search and easy playback.
So as latest Samsung retired AllShare, however, it has merged its features into “smarter” platforms; the first is Samsung Link, followed by SmartView. Building on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) , AllShare, and Link, Samsung’s SmartView is an app-centered platform that encompasses everything Samsung AllShare and Link did. The difference is that it does so with more speed, an easier-to-use interface, and other refinements,SmartView also allows users to control and manage all of the setup and content access features of a Samsung smart TV using a compatible smartphone.
What all you can do with Samsung All Share App
1. Share your photos on Big Screen
With Samsung All Share App you can see the photos that are stored on your smart phone with your Smart TV that means on a bigger screen and share them with your friends and family. With instant play not only you can view photos but also videos and music on big screen.
2. Access your data from anywhere with Remote Device Access
Suppose you want to listen to your library of favourite music albums or you have forgotten an important document on your home PC. With Remote Device Access, you can use your mobile device to access content remotely from your connected Samsung devices at home.
3. Store your data and protect it with Web Storage Access
You need not worry about losing your favorite videos, photos, and music. By storing content on the web, you can keep it protected and access it anytime across all your connected Samsung devices. With Web Storage Access, your content is always safe and always at your fingertips with Samsung All share App
Most of you do not believe that Samsung All Share App or features are to be used as well with your iPhone and iPad. It is because this app is of Samsung and Apple iOS devices are a different thing but you can use these features as well.
How does Samsung All Share App work
In order for AllShare (Samsung Link) to work, your devices need to be connected to the Internet, that means you need a Wi-Fi connection at home. When you’re on the go, you can use AllShare Play with your mobile device over the web. Keep in mind, wireless data rates may apply. If the AllShare App is not already pre-installed on your Samsung devices, you can download it for free. You can have the Samsung Link or Samsung All Share App by creating a Samsung Account. With one Samsung account you can quickly and easily register multiple devices such as Tablet, smartphone, PC and TV.
Samsung All Share App and iOS device
Samsung realizes that not everyone has a Samsung phone or tablet. They also understand that the technology that is offered by Allshare is beneficial to anyone and that is why they have released these apps for the iPhone and iPad.
You can also find Samsung Smart view app at the iTunes store which also works well with iPhone and iPad and connects to various devices. All you need is a 4 digit easy connection where you simply enter the 4-digit number displayed on your TV screen into your mobile or PC to connect the devices.
- All you need is to connect your iPhone or iPad to the Samsung TV WIFI network.
- Now install the Smart View app on your iPhone or iPad from the iTunes store all free
- Next open Smart View app on your iPhone or iPad and it will start scanning for Samsung TVs.
- The Smart View app will display a list of Samsung Smart TVs on the same wireless network.
- Tap “Allow” if prompted to allow the Smart View app access to the photos and videos on your iPhone. This is necessary for connecting to the TV and displaying your phone’s media.
- Though the Smart View app may connect automatically to your Samsung TV, but if you have more than oneTV on your network, tap the name of the Samsung TV you want to connect to. You’ll be prompted on the TV if you want to allow your phone to connect to the TV.
- Use your TV remote to select “Allow” on the prompt at the top of your TV screen. This will activate the Smart View function on your TV and connect it to your phone.
- Once connected, you’ll see a list of all the TV apps that are currently installed on your smart TV. You can tap any app to launch it on the TV. This may also open additional controls within the app on your phone where you can choose additional options.
- Next tap remote icon that looks like a TV remote in the bottom-right corner of the app. This will allow you to use your iPhone or iPad as a TV remote to control your Samsung TV.
- Now you can use iPhone or iPad easily with this app and get what you want to share or view. Tap My Photos, My Videos, or My Music and you can see a list of all the photos, videos, and music files that can be played on your Samsung TV.
- Select a photo, video, or song to play. Tap the thumbnail image of any photo, video, or music file and it will start playing on your TV automatically.
- Also you can open the app you want to cast on your iPhone or iPad. If an app has the ability to cast media, such as photos and video, then you can cast it to your Smart TV. Streaming apps, such as Youtube, Netflix, Hulu, etc. typically all have the ability to cast to Smart TVs. You can open other apps and use your phone normally while the video is streaming on the TV.
All share TV app is media server application that lets you stream photos and videos from your iPhone or iPad to TV, Gaming Consoles, Media Players and other DLNA devices. You can have this app at iTunes store for $7.99. There is also a free app which you can get from here. With AllShare TV application you can control the Playback of your media on TV from iPhone or iPad. The AllShare TV also supports SSDP protocol which allow your Smart TV to discover and display this application in TV Source menu so that you can browse and control your iPhone / iPad media directly from your Television. You can create Albums in AllShare TV to organise your Photos and Videos and control the visibility of these Albums to protect your private photos and videos.
Mirror to Samsung TV is another app for your iPhone or iPad where no wires and no additional hardware needed! You can mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your Samsung TV. To mirror video as well as audio, make sure that you start mirroring when you are in the app (Photos, YouTube, Facebook etc.) that you want to mirror to your TV. This works on any Samsung Smart TV from the 2012 models onward. Note that in using the app, there will be a couple of seconds of latency (usually between 1 and 3). So this mirroring is not suitable for gaming. However, it is very suitable for watching movies, giving presentations, watching photos, and much more! This app costs AU$7.99 at app store.
- Get and install Mirror for Samsung TV from App Store on your iOS device.
- Once installed, open the tool and wait till you see the Samsung Smart TV icon appearing on the screen and tap it.
- After that, a prompt will also be displayed on your Smart TV, after which through your remote control press “Allow”.
- At this point you must enable screen recording by going to “Settings”> “Control Center”, and then toggle the “Access Within Apps”,
- Next is to tap on “Customize Control” look for screen recorder and turn it.
- Get back to the tool’s interface, where you need to go through all of the prompts and it will launch YouTube as a trial.
- To begin the actual mirroring, launch the “Control Center” and then activate the screen recording function.
- From here, you can enjoy different activities from your iOS screen right into your Samsung Smart TV.
If you’re using Apple IOS device dated 2011 or later, Apple’s proprietary AirPlay system lets you mirror your display wirelessly onto a TV. It’s a terrifically simple system when mirroring is available, the AirPlay icon appears on the menu bar; a square with a triangle pointing into it; click on it to open a dropdown menu that shows the option to enable or disable mirroring. AirPlay lets you use your TV as a secondary display, so you can play videos on it at its native resolution.
Mirror iPad with Lightning Digital AV Adapter and HDMI Cable
This is another way to mirror iPad to Samsung Smart TV is by using a Lightning Digital AV Adapter and an HDMI Cable. This is a more stable way of mirroring since it’s connected by a wire and not through an internet connection. The adapter is built with an ARM chip and 256MB of RAM which is responsible for the iOS device mirroring. With this method, you will get a 900p maximum resolution in short full HD.
- You need to connect the lightning end to the Lightning port into your iOS device.
- Connect the HDMI end to an HDMI cable which connects to your Smart TV.
- After that, slide the charger cable right into the charger port of the adapter.
- Now change your TV source and switch it to HDMI port and your iPhone home screen will then be shown instantly.
- You can then play any media or anything on your iPhone and it will be displayed on our Samsung TV.
Before you begin this process you need to buy the adapter and the HDMI cable. Also note that it is only capable of projecting a maximum of 900p resolution.
Also there is one more alternative and that is with Apowersoft iPhone/iPad Recorder you can mirror your iPhone screen activities to a larger PC screen. You can mirror your favourite Samsung pokies or games or movies.