How To Enable Dolby Atmos In Samsung Mobile?
Dolby Atmos is a surround sound technology that brings you 3D cinematic experience. This is a new level of audio experience on the Samsung Galaxy S10 Series and S9/9+. It was first used in cinema and now increasingly available on TVs and home entertainment devices.
Generally in android phones uses different algorithms to model the sound coming from different objects by the concept of sound pressure variation by which your mind tries to find the direction of the sound. In smartphones, Dolby atmos also adjust your normal audio by modeling the sound adjusting at a different frequency suitable for human listening.
What is the difference between Dolby Atmos and Stereo Speakers?
The term “Dolby Atmos” refers to a multi-channel audio format. Dolby Atmos is a 7.1 sound format used for movies, games, etc. Dolby Atmos in smartphones is a virtual sound in 7.1 formats. which can not replace sound from at least 8 (7+1) different speakers connected through 8 different audio cables.
Hence it does not have any use while the smartphone has only one port / Bluetooth / WiFi connected single/multiple speakers. The real onboard 7.1 Dolby Atmos sound processing in AV Receivers can not be replaced with smartphones.
Whereas “Stereo speakers” refers to a pair of speakers, one for a left channel and one for a right channel.
If your phone supports Dolby Atmos, if you listen to your phone directly, via headphones or stereo speakers, then you will get a stereo mix. If you connect it to a Dolby Atmos soundbar, then you should be able to listen to the Dolby Atmos mix. Also, it is not necessary that you use earphones or headphones to enjoy the effects of the Dolby Atmos app. It is mainly a digital output enhancement and so the analog medium should not affect it too much. If you still want you do can always buy better headphones.
Using Dolby Atmos will offer you immersive virtual surround sound effect, richer audio experience for movies, music and voice Note that Dolby Atmos supports both headphone and stereo speakers
How to enable Dolby Atmos in Samsung Mobile?
To activate Dolby Atmos in Samsung mobile head to settings and then tap sounds and vibration
- If you are using Galaxy S10 Series, tap Advanced sound settings > Sound quality and effects > Dolby Atoms For other Galaxy Series, scroll down and look for Sound quality and effects > Tap on Dolby Atmos
- Now you will find that there are four options available: Auto, Movie, Music and Voice
- Select your preferred option or keep default setting at Auto
How to activate Dolby Atmos from the Notification Panel?
You can also quickly activate Dolby Atmos from the notification panel:
- Open the notification panel by dragging the status bar downwards > Scroll notification panel from right to left > Tap Dolby Atoms icon
- If the Dolby Atoms icon is hidden, tap on the 3 vertical dots menu button on the top right > Tap Button order
- Drag the Dolby Atmos icon into the quick settings panel and now you can easily activate or deactivate the Dolby Atmos feature.
How To use Dual Audio to share media on multiple devices?
You can watch a video or listen to music with a friend without having to physically share a pair of earbuds. Dual Audio allows two headsets with two varied volume levels to be connected to a single Galaxy device.
Before you do this, be sure to check if your device’s software and related apps are updated to the latest version. You can update your device’s software with the following steps:
Simply Go to Settings > Software update. Tap on Download and install. Follow the on-screen instructions.
Dual audio allows you to send your media audio to two different Bluetooth devices at once. Not only can you use two pairs of headphones at one time, but you can share between two different sets of Bluetooth speakers as well. After you pair both Bluetooth devices to your Samsung Galaxy phone, you just need to access your Media panel on your Quick panel.
How to use Samsung Dual audio with two Bluetooth speakers?
To enable Samsung’s Dual audio feature on your device, you must first pair each device to the desired Samsung Galaxy device.
- Head to Settings > Connections.
- Tap Bluetooth and turn the switch On.
- Enter the Bluetooth pairing mode from your Bluetooth speakers. This often requires you to press and hold the Bluetooth speakers’ power button until an LED light flashes. Ensure you have paired two Bluetooth speakers.
- Swipe down on your screen to access the Quick panel and tap on Media.
- Ensure you have selected both audio outputs to start playing music from both Bluetooth speakers.
- Once connected you will be able to play the same audio from both devices and adjust the volume with ease.
Remember that the Dual Audio feature is limited to certain devices with Bluetooth 5.0. Device screenshots and menus may vary depending on the device model and software version. Dolby Atmos sound technology is also available on Samsung Soundbar.
If you are experiencing unusual behavior on Samsung mobiles, tablets or wearables, you can send a question in the Samsung Members app.
This allows them to take a closer look at what is happening. The data is anonymized and only held for the duration of the investigation.
What to do when Dolby Atmos is disabled after playing a game on a Samsung phone?
Dolby Atmos really makes a difference when enjoying music and movies, but it can also enhance your gaming experience. You can enable Dolby Atmos when you’re using Game Launcher to play a game. To do this, you will need to open Game Booster settings.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone’s screen to open Quick settings. Tap the Dolby Atmos icon to turn it on.
- Navigate to Game Booster settings.
- Navigate to and open Game Launcher, and then start a game. Tap the Game Booster icon, and then tap the Settings icon.
- Enable Dolby Atmos for gaming
- Tap the switch next to Dolby Atmos for gaming to turn on the feature.
What is Samsung Game Booster?
Whether you are playing an RPG or a simple puzzle game, there are many tools to help you game on. To Navigate and open your desired gaming app Swipe up from the bottom of the screen (or the right side if you are in Landscape mode), and then tap the Game Booster icon on the lower left-hand side of the screen. If it’s your first time using Game Booster, tap Start. Then select and use your desired settings.
The settings feature:
The Pop-up panel: Get fast access to outside apps. Change the four apps in the panel by tapping More options (the three vertical dots). Tap the Remove icon by the app, and then select apps you want on the panel.
- Settings: Tap the Settings icon to see more settings. Change the shortcut icon at the bottom right corner by tapping Shortcuts, and then choose your desired shortcut. From this menu, you can also change the screen resolution or get help.
- Discord: Use Discord while playing a game! Please see the second to last section for more details. This option will only appear if you have Discord installed on your device.
- Game Plugins: Download and use different plugins to enhance your gaming.
- Priority mode: This mode will block incoming calls and alerts, as well as close background apps so your phone can have the best performance possible.
- Performance overview: You can see your device’s current temperature, memory usage, and battery level.
- Shortcuts: Use shortcuts to get the most out of your game. For example, you can lock the Navigation bar so you don’t accidentally hit it while playing a game. You can change the available shortcuts from the Game Booster settings menu. Note that Game Booster may not be available for all games.
You can take Game Booster’s customization even further by adjusting additional settings. For example, you can change which shortcuts appear at the bottom of Game Booster to help give you a better experience.
Just open a game, and then swipe up to open Game Booster. Tap the Settings icon in the right corner.
In Game Booster settings, you can change these individual options:
- Block during game: Adjust what kind of alerts or features you want to block during gameplay, so you’ll never get distracted.
- Touch protection timeout: Choose the duration for locking the screen. On some devices, this feature is called Auto screen lock.
- Shortcuts: Set the shortcuts to screen touch lock, navigation button lock, screen shot, or pop-up panel.
- Floating shortcut: Set the floating shortcut to screen touch lock, navigation button lock, screen shot, or pop-up panel.
- Screen resolution: Adjust the resolution to 25, 50, or 100 percent.
- Screenshot format: Select JPEG or HEIF as your preferred format.
- Game performance: Choose your preferred power saving mode with Focus on power saving, Balanced, or Focus on performance.
- Full screen apps: Tap for a list of installed games to set to Full screen mode.
- About Game Booster: View the latest software version of Game Booster and update the feature if needed.
Dolby Atmos has smartphone implementations for devices including but not limited to the iPhone XS/XR and later (when running iOS 13 or later), the Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2, the ZTE Axon 7, Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+, Samsung Galaxy S9/S9+, Samsung Note 9, Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy J8, Samsung Galaxy J6, Galaxy S10 series, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Samsung Galaxy A20, Samsung Galaxy A30 Samsung Galaxy A10, Samsung Galaxy M20, Samsung Galaxy M30, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Samsung Galaxy M40, Sony Xperia 1, Lenovo K8 Note, Lenovo K5 Note, Huawei Mate P20 Pro, Huawei Pro 30 and Nokia 6. This implementation uses both the binaural headphone technology and a dual loudspeaker virtual surround sound implementation.